by: Joe CollinsworthPlanning a vacation can be fun, yet a frustration if you have little time, money, or patience. I think many of us suffer from a lack of patience. It can be quite simple if you follow some steps. Remember, you are going on vacation! Get excited! Use your time to plan, to get away from the stresses of your daily life.
Here are a few tips we suggest you follow when planning your trip and saving money!!
1. Figure out where you are going & what you must do while there. There are many great destinations in Florida from the Panhandle, to the Gulf coast, Atlantic Coast, Orlando, or the Keys. They also offer so many things to do, that it’s a good idea to plan ahead of time some activities.
2. Sign up for online e-zines: These are online magazines or newsletters that you sign up for and receive on a regular basis. Make sure they have an opt-in and opt-out policy and don’t share your information.
3. Are you going as a family, with friends, or for romance? How you get there, where you stay, what activities you want to plan will revolve around whom you travel with. There are locations in Florida set up for different types of vacations.
4. Get coupons & Ask for deals. I don’t care how much money you have. Traveling with coupons and discount sources only saves you money on your travels. Even if you go more luxurious, you can save money with these two tips. Ask to get bumped, ask for first class, ask for off-season specials, ask for senior citizens discounts, etc. Just ask.
5. Do your homework and shop around. We have found literally hundreds of online travel sites. Use the well known ones that are recommended. Read consumer reviews, be patient, and make sure you read all the terms and conditions, whether you book online of offline.
6. Join groups such as AAA or AARP. You can also save money by obtaining a frequent flyer credit card and earning points through spending. Just be smart with your credit and don’t go overboard.
7. Rent from an owner. Yes, there are options other than staying in a huge chain. Sometimes, the best deals and nicest places are from someone who is renting out their vacation home.
8. Travel in the off-season. Book early, book late, and name your own price at travel auction sites.
9. Referrals are the oldest, and in my opinion, the best way to do anything. There are people who will recommend hotels, things to do, places to go, that you would have never found otherwise.
10. Using credit cards can save you money and free up cash for other adventures. There is a right way and a wrong way to use them. A vacation is a necessity, not a luxury.
Also, prepare a budget, get all your necessities ahead of time and shop for them, and have fun while planning your trip. Yes, there are a few things you need to take into account, but if you follow a system of steps, planning will be easy. In addition, be realistic about prices, but don’t think you can’t get great deals on your vacations to Florida.
About the author:
Discount Florida Vacations is a total Florida vacation guide offering fun, sun, tips, ideas, recommendations, resources, and experiences for anyone traveling to Florida.
You can find more info. or plan your trip with us at